Tenerife Speed PhD Residential
The residential takes the form of the Speed PhD programme, a series of exercises targeted at providing you with information, strategies and tools to help you deal with the demands of a PhD.
Working in small groups, you will be allocated a project and a supervisor type. As a group, you will be tasked with writing a brief literature review, collect a field data-set, produce a conference presentation, paper and submit your thesis. You will be deliberately allocated to subject areas that are not related to your PhD topics as the aim of the Speed PhD is to give you the chance to experience the essence of a PhD in condensed form rather than train in PhD specific field skills.
Through the Speed PhD, you will gain experience of:
- Time management and project management within a research project
- Rapidly assimilating information and skills on which they have previously little background.
- Working with a supervisor type
- Teamwork within a research project
- Producing written work to fixed regulations
- Managing a range of activities within a research degree